If you’re feeling somewhat self-conscious about your teeth, or just simply want to improve your smile, cosmetic dental treatments may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Cosmetic dentistry has become extremely popular over the last decade due to the many advances in cosmetic dental procedures, resulting in painless dental visits.
There are several cosmetic dental procedures available to improve your teeth and enhance your smile. Depending on your personal needs, cosmetic dental treatments can change your smile dramatically! From restoring a single tooth to having a full mouth make-over.
Ask our dentists in Burnaby how you can improve the health and beauty of your smile through cosmetic dental procedures.
- Teeth Whitening: Bleaching lightens teeth that have been stained or discolored by age, food, drink, and or smoking. Teeth darkened as a result of injury or taking certain medications can also be bleached, but the effectiveness totally depends on the current degree of staining.
- Composite (tooth-colored) Fillings: Also known as “bonding”, composite fillings are now widely used instead of amalgam (silver) fillings to repair teeth with cavities, and can also to shape your teeth. Tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair chipped, broken, or discolored teeth. This type of filling is also very useful to fill in gaps and to protect sensitive, exposed root surfaces caused by gum recession.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are thin custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are bonded onto the fronts of teeth to create a beautiful smile. They can help restore or camouflage damaged, discolored, poorly shaped, or misaligned teeth. Unlike crowns, veneers require minimal tooth structure to be removed from the surface of the tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns (caps): A dental crown is a tooth-colored, custom-made covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. As one of the most popular cosmetic procedures, dental crowns protect and strengthen teeth that cannot be restored with fillings or other types of restorations. They are ideal for teeth that have large, fractured or broken fillings and also for those that are badly decayed.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants have definitely revolutionalized how dentists are able to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into the jaw to replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain crowns, bridges, and dentures can be made specifically to fit and attach to implants, giving a patient a strong, stable, and durable solution to removable dental appliances. Dental implants aren’t for everyone. Please talk to one of our highly-skilled dentists to see if you are a right candidate for dental implants.
- Orthodontics: Less visible and more effective brackets and wires are making straightening teeth with orthodontics much more appealing to adult patients. Also, in some cases, teeth may be straightened with custom-made, clear, removable aligners that require no braces. Thanks to the advances in modern dentistry, cosmetic treatments can make a difference in making your smile shine!